Students memorize a minimum of 4 pieces that they play for an adjudicator on Guild day. The adjudicator writes comments on their playing and gives them a numerical score.
What is the purpose of Piano Guild?
- It gives students a challenging set of goals to work toward, providing incentive to work hard.
- The concentrated effort of preparing for Guild can significantly boost students' playing skills.
- When students have done the work to prepare for Guild, they feel a strong sense of accomplishment.
- Guild reports provide an annual measurement of progress, judged against a national standard. It's like an annual report card for piano lessons.
- Guild participants often make significantly more progress during the spring months than the students who do not participate.
Piano Guild happens May 11-18 at the Sacred Heart School for the Arts. We will not receive our assigned dates and times until I submit all student registrations, so be aware that students might be assigned to do Guild during a school day.
I am going to request May 14 and 15 for my students, but those dates are certainly not guaranteed. I have to take whatever dates they assign, so don't sign up unless you're able to be somewhat flexible.
The fee is $32 per student. I prefer that you pay using the Square Cash app for iOS or Android. (It's faster and easier than writing a check.) If you need to pay by check, make it payable to me, and make sure it reaches me before March 7.
Registration deadline Saturday, March 7. Obviously, that means I need to hear from you by then.